The Fashion Awards 2018 – in partnership with Swarovski – was sparkling with some of the most famous celebrities and fashion industry’s who’s who arriving at the Royal Albert Hall ahead of the ceremony. Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, also made a surprise appearance to present the Womenswear Designer of the Year award. Each year, the British Fashion Council (BFC) recognizes individuals for innovative and creative designs that stand out in the very competitive fashion world or brands and business that are transforming the industry.
Ghanaian-British architect Sir David Adjaye OBE designed unique Swarovski crystal trophies for the fifteen winners of the Fashion Awards 2018:
- 2018 Trailblazer: Kim Jones
- Urban Luxe: Virgil Abloh for Off-White
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Demna Gvasalia for Balenciaga
- Swarovski Award for Positive Change: Dame Vivienne Westwood
- Business Leader: Marco Bizzarri for Gucci
- Special Recognition Award for Innovation: Parley for the Oceans
- British Emerging Talent Menswear: Samuel Ross for A-COLD-WALL*
- British Emerging Talent Womenswear: Richard Quinn
- British Designer of the Year Menswear: Craig Green for CRAIG GREEN
- British Designer of the Year Womenswear: Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Mert & Marcus
- Brand of the Year: Gucci
- Model of the Year: Kaia Gerber
- Outstanding Achievement: Miuccia Prada
- Designer of the Year: Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino
The NEW WAVE: Creatives award, introduced for the first time, pays tribute to 100 young international creative talents (stylists, models photographers, digital influencers and others).
British singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding wowed the audience with a live performance, followed by Boy George who ended the event on a spectacular note.